As of right now, there is NO INTERRUPTION in the waste and recycling collection services for the town of Grand Island. Your regular collection days have not changed or been affected.
Even before the era of Covid-19, the sanitation industry was consistently ranked as one of the most dangerous jobs in the world. Our employees are crucial to the health and well being of our communities, and are on the front lines to ensure the safety of our communities.
With that in mind, there are a few things you can do to help our employees and staff stay safe during this crisis.
- Thoroughly clean the handles and lids of all trash and recycling totes and containers with either soap and water, or an alcohol based cleaning solution.
- Ensure bins and bags are sealed and closed properly
- Rinse off and wipe down bottles, cans, and other recyclables before placing in bins.
- Please be mindful of the rules and limitations regarding waste and recycling collection, which can be found here:
Garbage Collection Guidelines >
Recycling Collection Guidelines >
- Adhere to social distancing best practices by placing your bins out on the night before your regular pick up day
As always, you can contact us for more information.